These could be my new favorite “go-to” treats.
Another perfect blend of salty + sweet.
They’re easy, light(er), require very few ingredients and satisfy a crowd.
and highly recommend her incredible cooking blog should you be looking
for that perfect recipe or a daily dose of fun loving humor.
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
48 to 56 round butter crackers (I used Ritz Crackers)
2 pints (or various pints) of your favorite ice cream (I used chocolate, vanilla + strawberry)
3 cups milk chocolate chunks
5 tablespoons coconut oil
coarse sea salt
parchment or wax paper
1. Line up your cracker rounds. I lined a baking pan with parchment paper and lined the Ritz Crackers along that.
2. Using a tablespoon (for larger, overflowing sandiwhces) or a teaspoon (for smaller, easier to manage sandwiches), begin scooping single scoops of ice cream on to cracker rounds. Top each scoop with another Ritz.
3. After finishing the little sandwiches of delight, place pan in freezer for at least four hours though overnight is best. In order for the next step to be a success, the sandwiches have to be quite solid.
4. Once freezing time has been achieved, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
5. Remove frozen sandwiches and quickly dip half into the melted mixture.
6. Replace dipped sandwich back on parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with coarse seal salt.
7. Place finished sandwiches back in freezer for at least one hour before serving.